Saturday, April 29, 2017

Foo Fighters 4-29-96 San Francisco, California


Foo Fighters
4-29-96 (April 29, 1996 / 1996-04-29)
The Warfield
San Francisco, California

Dave Grohl - vocals, guitar
Pat Smear - guitar
Nate Mendel - bass
William Goldsmith - drums

Enough Space
This Is A Call
Winnebago
Wattershed
For All The Cows
Weenie Beenie
Butterflies
Big Me
My Poor Brain
Gas Chamber 
Up In Arms
Good Grief
Podunk
How I Miss You
Alone + Easy Target
I'll Stick Around

- encore(s) -

Floaty **
Down In The Park
Exhausted

** with Petra Haden on vocals

Source: Schoeps MK4s > Rmod > Sony TCD-D7
Transfer: DAT Master 16/48 > PCM-R500 > digi coax > Edirol R-44 
Lineage: Audacity > CD Wave > TLH > FLAC

Thank you, Schoeps, for making such great microphones for capturing shows so beautifully.  It's not all about the mics, also location of the taper, of course, but dem top o' the line mics sure do help, and DAT, too.  When you've got all three workin' just right for ya, you get a sweet recording like this one.  And I've been reminded that I need to listen to more Foo Fighters shows cuz Dave Grohl's one of the best at interacting with the crowd . . . helps make listening more fun such as in this one.  I'm not sure there's two songs without him bantering in between (or at least saying what song they're about to play.)  I also find it somewhat odd that he kinda mimics an effeminate gay man while on stage in San Francisco.  To me that's making fun of them but maybe he's not.  What do I know, I've never even tried out for Jeopardy, at least not yet.  Anyway, great show, great recording, the house sound in The Warfield was superb and the Schoeps picks it up so well.  9.6 out of 10 for a solid A grade capture.

Download -- FLAC ~ ~ 320 kbps mp3 -- Enjoy!!!


please help


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?