Saturday, April 29, 2017

Asia 4-29-82 Boston, Massachusetts


Asia
4-29-82 (April 29, 1982 / 1982-04-28)
Orpheum Theatre
Boston, Massachusetts

John Wetton - vocals, bass
Steve Howe - guitar
Geoff Downes - keyboards
Carl Palmer - drums

Time Again 
One Step Closer 
Without You 
The Ancient 
Clap
Midnight Sun 
Only Time Will Tell 
The Smile Has Left Your Eyes 
Cutting It Fine 
Wildest Dreams
Here Comes The Feeling- > Carl Palmer drum solo -> Here Comes The Feeling 
Soul Survivor 
Heat Of The Moment

Balrog Source, Lestat Remaster

Lineage: 
1982: Nakamichi CM-100/CP-1 > Nakamichi 550 (Dolby B in) > Maxell UD XL II

2011: Maxell UD XL II > Nakamichi Dragon (Dolby B out) > RDL FP-UBC6 > MOTU 896 > Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 > Wave [96kHz/24 bit] > Izotope RX, Audition Pro with Izotope Ozone [mastering and downsample/conversion to 44.1KHz/16 bit] > Wave > FLAC

Back when I was a wee little tot, maybe a little bigger than we, I had Asia's debut album on vinyl.  Sweeeet!  And when a small carnival came to our town each year, one of the prizes was this like 8 by 5 inch (or something like that) mirror thingy with a band's logo in it.  Had to have the Stones, VH, AC/DC and others including Asia's first big serpent logo... it was a serpent, right?  Anyway, loved their music all those years ago and I wasn't even in high school yet!  Time went on and you'd hear 1 or 2 songs occasionally if you listened to enough classic rock radio.  Same two songs over and over.  Then I started collecting these bootlegs and hey, people taped Asia and today spread some of their shows around.  That's how we got to this posting.  I've grabbed a few and this is actually my very first listen.  Not totally my cup o' tea but it's good live music.  I know I have more shows than I'll probably ever listen to, why fill some of my time with lesser liked stuff?  I dunno.  Part of it has to do with me maybe thinkin' I'm immortal and *will*** have time to listen to it all, so why not something like this once in awhile.  ANYWAY . . . very nice audience recording for the era!!  Great equipment and an optimal location in the theater, plus modern day mastering to bring it to optimal form, gives Asia fans a pretty enjoyable listen compared to an average quality, Sony Walkman recording that, truth be told, as much as you might love the music, isn't always a joy to listen to.  But this one is.  9.7 out of 10, a good, solid A grade no doubt!

Download -- FLAC 16/44 ~~ 320 kbps mp3 -- Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?