Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Willie Nelson & Family 5-2-17 San Francisco, California


Willie Nelson & Family
5-2-17 (May 2, 2017 / 2017-05-02)
The Fillmore
San Francisco, California

Willie Nelson (guitar, vocals)
Lukas Nelson (guitar)
Micah Nelson (percussion)
Bobbie Nelson (piano)
Mickey Rafael (harmonica)
and ???

Whiskey River
Still Is Still Moving To Me
Beer For My Horses
Good Hearted Woman
Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
Angels Flying To Close To The Ground
On The Road Again
Always On My Mind
Jambalaya (On The Bayou)
Move It On Over
(intrumental -- title???)
Shoeshine Man
Georgia On My Mind
Georgia On A Fast Train
Funny How Time Slips Away
Crazy
(another instrumental -- title???)
"Happy Birthday To Willie"
It's All Going To Pot
Still Not Dead
Little Old Fashioned Karma ->
Will The Circle Be Unbroken ->
I Saw The Light

Equipment DPA 4061s-battery box-Sony pCM-m10
Transfer M10-usb-cdwav editor-FLAC
Taped from mid floor

I'm sorry, this just isn't a great recording.  But it's okay, certainly listenable.  The "taper"'s location was not ideal to get beautiful sound with little crowd noise.  Also, and this is something I oughta learn to fix, the volume is way too low. I'm listening now at FULL volume with my DAP (Digital Audio Player) and I never have to play shows at full volume, I mean for goodness sake, I can hear myself typing and that's never the case when playing other shows.  Ah well.  Lotta talkers, too, (usually) not super close to the mics but you can hear them from time to time.  Maybe that doesn't bother everyone (how could it not?!) but it bugs me.  And in between songs the crowd is definitely louder than the music, not so much you gotta reach for the volume to protect your ears but there's still a noticeable difference.  That's not right.  What do I have good to say about this since I just spent quiet awhile on a lot of negatives?  Willie's a legend.  And the show is short at an hour and fifteen minutes so there's not long wishing it was a pristine recording.  Gotta still gives thanks to the "taper" for trying and then sharing 'cause at 84 what if Willie croaked before his next show and there was no "taper" there that night?  We'd have no recording of his final show and that would be a shame.  I almost don't wanna grade this but it's what I do . . . 8.9 out of 10 (B+) for the very below A grade here at Boot Hill Boots.

Download -- FLAC 16/44 ~~ 320 kbps mp3 -- Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?